Saturday 17 May 2014

My retro'est' shoe design till date

Yes. I just finished my retro'est' hand painted shoe till date. And the other unique part of this effort is that the client here is my oldest till date. Well he isn't old but then he is old compared to my other clients who are aged between 6 and 33. 

By the way shoe I made this time around is 'The Family Circus' themed. This was a comic strip from 1960 created by father-son duo of Bill & Jeff Keane. Trust me after reading their strips for research I realised their humour can still tickle your funny bone. 

The shoe has been made for a doctor who still loves the characters Bil, Thel, Billy, Dolly, Jeffy and PJ from this cartoon series. The docs doting sister decided to gift the pair to his brother after seeing her husband's Tom & Jerry shoe. Seema, the sister, has been trying to find the 1960's cartoon's comic book for her brother almost everywhere but in vain.

So the shoe probably is a substitute to the the unavailable comic book. I hope its a good substitute. Hope the doc, who is always impeccably dressed in his crisp formal shirt, a tie, formal pants and formal leather shoes can gather courage to wear colour in his feet. If he does, my efforts will be worth it.

P.S. Coming next: Heisenberg (Breaking Bad)





No comments:

Post a Comment