Monday 13 April 2015

Pulp Fiction meets Scarface: Timeless work on these timeless flicks

Till I was asked to make these characters on pillow covers, my only connection to Pulp Fiction was through my husband Gautam. He had done a 20 minute documentary on Colaba Causeway and used the background score of Pulp Fiction in the same. Now after over 9 years since he made this documentary, one of my friend Nirja asked me to hand paint that sexy pose of Mia from Pulp Fiction and that epic dialogue from Tony Montana in Scarface.

The moment Nirja told me to do this, I knew I had this opportunity to create some classic here. I took a good 20 days to complete this, which included 15 days of holiday in Hongkong ;). Anyway the ultimate conclusion of the work was actually ultimate. When I shared this work with my friends and family, they were all stunned. I had stunned myself too.

This is my second pillow cover after making one with Bob Marley. And I have suddenly a new found affinity to these classic retro designs. Hope I get some more opportunities like these soon. Keep checking this space for more.




No comments:

Post a Comment