Monday 7 April 2014

I am the one who knocks

I didn't know the significance of these words before my husband's colleague, Vinayak, decided to get a shoe painted of the character who utters this dialogue. Soon, I realised that these words are like a gospel for die hard fans of American TV series 'Breaking Bad'.

Now my husband, a Breaking Bad fan himself, explained me that in one of the episodes called 'Cornered' of this immensely famous series, the protagonist Walter White explains his wife Skyler how his house and family are secured despite him moonlighting as a meth producer. He says, "I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

And after we completed the shoe, Gautam got me to see that particular scene, just to get a feel of the character I got so involved in while painting it on the shoe. And yes, I realised that I had bettered myself while painting Walter White a.k.a. Heisenberg on one shoe and this famous dialogue on the other.  

To get the right shading, the wrinkles on his head, eyes that can scare off a wild beast and that face cut was nothing short of a nightmare. The final product was my third attempt on perfecting the look. Phewww!! Just creating that right facial expressions was tougher than making five pairs of Chhota Bheem shoes, no exaggeration.

Vinayak, fondly called Vinny, was super excited to see the shoe. He was stunned to see work couldn't wait to get his hands on them earlier today in the morning. While on one hand India lost the T20 World Cup finals to Sri Lanka, Vinny had a reason to smile despite that. His Breaking Bad shoe was coming to him. See what we somehow pulled off, I would say it was a daring heist. 


And if you are excited with what you are seeing, the pair is up for sale. Grab your pair before some other wannabe Heisenberg takes it home.






No comments:

Post a Comment